International music sensation Natasha Bedingfield was today unveiled as the featured spokesperson of Boogie™ SuperStar, the upcoming Wii™ title from the Casual Entertainment Label of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS). Bedingfield lends three songs to the Boogie SuperStar soundtrack, also announced today, which features a total of nearly 40 hit singles made famous by some of today’s hottest artists.
Bedingfield, who has topped the charts with number one singles and albums in both the U.S. and the U.K., has joined forces with EA to promote the game, which allows girls to perform their favourite Bedingfield songs including her current single Angel, Love Like This, and the title track from her new hit album  Pocketful of Sunshine.
“Boogie SuperStar brings to life all the fun and excitement of performing,” said Bedingfield. “Being on stage is such a thrill and it’s great to be a part of an EA video game that lets girls experience how much fun it is to express themselves and explore their own creativity by performing.”
In Boogie SuperStar, players don’t just play along, they are the star of the game. Girls will have a blast belting their favourite tunes into the microphone, and performing real dance moves that are captured on screen using the Wii’s motion-sensing technology and the journey to stardom doesn’t have to be a solo! girls can also sing and dance with or against their friends in fun competitions that show off their singing and dancing talent.
“Boogie SuperStar represents a new level in the convergence of games and music,” said Steve Schnur, EA Worldwide Executive for Music and Marketing. “We have combined the very best interactive capabilities of the Wii technology with the Boogie brand to form an unprecedented soundtrack featuring the hottest new tracks made famous by the biggest artists in the world. We’ve been actively involved in Natasha’s career since its inception, and we’re proud to have a star like her actively involved.”
Featuring nearly 40 of today’s hottest tracks plus additional tracks for an International version, Boogie SuperStar will have girls bursting with excitement as they discover they can both sing and dance to their favorite songs in one game.
Boogie SuperStar global song list featured in both North America and International versions of game includes:
- Angel, Love Like This [remix], Pocketful of Sunshine – Natasha Bedingfield
- Dance Like There’s No Tomorrow – Paula Abdul
- Bullseye, Like Whoa, Potential Breakup Song – Aly & AJ
- The Great Escape – Boys Like Girls
- Everytime We Touch, What Hurts the Most – Cascada
- Fancy Footwork – Chromeo
- Thnks Fr Th Mmrs – Fall Out Boy
- Glamorous – Fergie
- Elevator – Flo Rida feat. Timbaland
- I Don’t Want to Be in Love (Dance Floor Anthem) – Good Charlotte
- Wake Up – Hilary Duff
- Hold On, SOS, That’s Just the Way We Roll, When You Look Me in the Eyes [remix] – The Jonas Brothers
- No One – Alicia Keys
- Take You There – Sean Kingston
- Girlfriend – Avril Lavigne
- Bleeding Love – Leona Lewis
- Shake It – Metro Station
- What You Got – Colby O’Donis
- I Don’t Think About It – Emily Osment
- Nine in the Afternoon – Panic at the Disco
- Hot N Cold – Katy Perry
- Jump to the Rhythm – Jordan Pruitt
- Don’t Stop the Music, Shut Up and Drive – Rihanna
- Yahhh! – Soulja Boy Tellem
- Radar, Toxic – Britney Spears
- He Said She Said – Ashley Tisdale
- Makes Me Wonder – Maroon 5
- Stronger – Kanye West
Developed at EA Montreal under the EA Casual Entertainment Label, Boogie SuperStar is exclusively for the Wii and will be available in North America and Europe October 2008, and in Asia in the following months.