Interactive entertainment company Ludia  and One Three Media (A Hearst/Mark Burnett Company) announced today the launch of the ‘Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?’ App for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Based on the syndicated version of the wildly popular TV game show, the game lets users across North America find out if they are smarter than a 5th grader, experiencing the exciting competition by themselves or with friends.
“We are thrilled to bring a popular brand like ‘Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?’ to the App Store,” said Alex Thabet, Founder and CEO of Ludia Inc. “This is an academically challenging multiplayer game that recreates the feeling of being back in the classroom and guarantees hours of fun for the whole family.” 
In the game, up to seven contestants compete to answer eight multiple choice questions pooled from different school academic subjects, including favorites like Art, World Geography, U.S. History, Math and Languages. Each question is assigned a dollar value, which is then multiplied by the number of players who could not get the correct answer. The player who finishes first gets free access to the ‘Bonus 5th Grade Question’ for a chance to double their winnings.
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? iOS features:
- Live multiplayer gameplay with friends and other Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? fans
- Ability to follow personal and friends’ progress via daily high score rankings
- Ability to challenge your friends, family, and the larger community, with built-in social features
- Favorite elements from the Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? TV show, including thousands of questions, authentic theme music and the familiar classroom setting
- The ability to choose Facebook friends as ‘cheats’ if stuck on a question and ‘copy’ off them
The Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? App is available for free from the App Store  and is rated 4+. The app is compatible with Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad devices running iOS 4.0 or later.
Top In-App Purchases:
- small pack of Stars $0.99
- medium pack of Stars $4.99
- big pack of Stars $9.99
- mega pack of Stars $39.99
- huge pack of Stars $19.99