The BCIC-New Ventures Competition  is partnering with BCIC , Wavefront , VEF Momentum  and Startup Drinks  to deliver a tech focused startup event called Aha! Defining Moment of 20 Tech Entrepreneurs , taking place September 19th at the Vancouver Convention Centre. If you have a company to feature at this event, this is a call for pitch submissions! Get all the details below:
The Startup Canada  BC Tour  hits Vancouver September 18-21! Startup Canada is a grassroots, entrepreneur-led initiative created to support and inspire entrepreneurship. The National Tour includes 40 stops through 10 provinces over seven months!
Be a part of the celebration and join over 300 of your peers September 19th at a social event and share why being an entrepreneur in Vancouver’s start-up tech community is so awesome!
Aha! Defining moments of 20 tech entrepreneurs will feature 20 enlightening startup pitches and a keynote speaker. The night will end with the always fun Startup Drinks.
We’re looking for 20 startups to pitch and share their “Aha! moment” with 300 of their peers.
What exactly is an Aha! moment? It’s that instant it all became clear – when you knew you wanted to be an entrepreneur and start a company. When was that moment for you? You tell us!
How to apply:
1) Send us a 60-second video giving us a quick run-down of your Aha! moment and why we should select you. Submit the video link along with your contact details here .
2) Complete this online form  and tell us:
- Your name & contact info
- Name of your Company
- Brief description of the Aha! moment you will share in your 90-second lightning pitch (150 words or less)
- Why you should pitch
Application deadline: Friday, September 7th. Companies chosen to pitch will be notified on September 12th.
- Get some great exposure for your company – we’re expecting up to 400 people, including media and investors.
- Be part of the nation-wide Startup Canada movement and the only startup tech event on Startup Canada’s Vancouver agenda.
- Excellent prizes to be won!
Brought to you by: