CATAAlliance  has announced that it will add an interactive On Air Broadcasting capability from Google Hangout to its digital tool kit as part of strengthening community advocacy and sharing of best practices as well as conducting thought-leadership interviews On Air, including hosting panel discussions with up to 9 different experts. Viewers will be able to tune into the CATA Speciality Channel from anywhere in the world for live interviews of these thought leaders who will share insights on topics affecting enterprise growth and innovation success. A video record will also be archived to the CATAnet TV (You Tube) Channel as part of expanding the library of educational videos available to the community.
CATA CEO John Reid, said, “we have expanded both traditional and digital resources to strengthen op in peer networks and information sharing for SR&ED Tax & Finance, Innovation Leadership, Shared Services Canada, Women in Tech, Public Safety and Security, Export Markets, among other key areas which impact Canada’s competitive and innovation rankings. Adding a real time interactive TV Channel is a logical step in the evolution of our new media communications.”
CATAAlliance counts 11.5 thousand Twitter Followers, 12 thousand op in executives in Linked in Groups, 2500 executives in the Google + CATA Circle, 30 thousand CATAnet TV video views, a 2 million executive audience on social media groups in Canada and major Global markets, and direct email databases of 15 thousand executives.
Reid added, “When you combine these resources with the new On Air Channel you have considerable leverage for advancing Canada’s Competitive Innovation Nation and business growth advocacy.”
First Broadcast: Why Mentorship is Important
CATA CEO John Reid (in Ottawa), interviews Emily Boucher (in Halifax), the Executive Director for CanWIT (Women in Tech) on the importance of mentorship to career development and enterprise growth in Canada. Mr. Reid and Ms. Boucher will review the goals and benefits of the CATA & CanWIT Mentorship program, including partnerships with Start Up Canada and Status of Women Canada. They will also talk about on line mentorship and how executives can engage in helping advance the program.
- Organizations interested in mentorship
- New grads entering the job market or in early stage career development
- Current and potential Mentors
- Time: Wednesday, November 28th at 11 am EST (please check your time zone)
- Session hashtag: : #CATAOnAir
- Twitter: @CATAAlliance 
- To watch the live stream of this session, visit CATAAlliance‘s Google+ Page  on Wednesday, November 28th at 11 am EST or the CATA On Air  web page.
- The live stream will appear as a black box with the word “Hangouts” on it. Double click the black box to start watching the video.
- Open CATAAlliance‘s Google+ Page in two windows. On one page you can watch the live stream and in the other you can type in your comments.
- To ask questions during the live broadcast, post them into the “comments” section below the live stream. Please note you need to refresh the page manually to see new comments.
- You can also use CATA’s Twitter feed @CATAAlliance