Brother International Corporation (Canada) Ltd.  has announced the launch of its Business Smart™ Series. This innovative new line of colour inkjet all-in-one printers offers consumers a cool design and cutting edge technology. It completely redefines the colour inkjet all-in-one experience as the ultimate combination.
Prior to this launch, those in the market for a colour inkjet all-in-one had to compromise between a number of criteria when making a purchase decision: speed, size, productivity or printing costs. Rather than manufacturing just another generation of all-in-ones, Brother® developed its Landscape Printing Technology that reoriented the way colour inkjet printing is achieved. This breakthrough resulted in a colour inkjet all-in-one product line that virtually eliminates the feature tradeoffs customers faced in their selection process. Now in an attractively designed product they can have:
- Fastest in class^ print speeds
- Smallest in class^ footprint
- Low cost printing
- Easy-to-use TouchScreen/TouchPanel display
- 11″x17″ ledger size printing
“This new inkjet series is a game-changer for the printing industry because it delivers the ultimate combination of form and function,” said Dwayne Filipchuk, Director of Product Planning. “In today’s small to medium business environments, entrepreneurs need technologies they can rely on, coupled with a range of features that fit their limited workspaces and budgets. The Business Smart™ series offers a striking design and most models also include intuitive swipe TouchScreen display controls to complement their other technologies such as laptops, tablets and smartphones.”
This new design changed how a page is stored and printed from portrait to landscape, thereby reducing the machine footprint. Engineers also developed a new engine and increased the size of the print head to help increase print speeds. Ink cartridges were also redesigned to take up less space even with super high page yields. These all-in-ones also feature wireless and mobile device printing capabilities, and automatic two sided (duplex) printing. Additionally, these machines have the ability to print up to 11″x17″ documents – which amazingly is about the same size of the unit’s footprint. This introduction, anchored by the model MFC-J4510DW, represents a breakthrough for small offices/home offices and businesses. Businesses can now take advantage of these new models to print a variety of documents, spreadsheets and signage up to 11″x17″. Users can also leverage the mobile printing features to quickly and easily connect and print from mobile devices, such as with AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Wi-Fi Direct™ & Cortado Workplace.
The Brother MFC-J4510DW, with an estimated street price of $199*, will be available in November 2012 at Staples Canada. Additional models in the series will be introduced later this year.
- Fastest in class^ print speeds**
- Black (Fast Mode): up to 35ppm & Colour (Fast Mode): up to 27ppm **
- Black: up to 20ppm & Colour: up to 18ppm (ISO/IEC 24734) **
- Brother Landscape Print Technology resulting in the smallest in class^ design – up to 35 percent smaller than competitive models
- Low cost printing using super high yield ink cartridges that help save money and lower costs+
- 3.7″ Swipe TouchScreen Display plus TouchPanel
- Mobile device compatibility with AirPrint™, Google Cloud Print™, Brother™ iPrint&Scan, Wi-Fi Direct™ & Cortado Workplace?
- Up to 11″x17″ document printing via bypass tray
- 2-year Limited Warranty and Free Technical Support for the Life of the Machine
- Easy-to-setup wireless 802.11b/g/n and wired Ethernet networking
- Up to 150-sheet paper tray1 with a convenient up to 20-page automatic document feeder for faxing, copying or scanning
- Paper saving with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing0
- Web connectivity2 with FACEBOOK™, PICASA WEB ALBUMS™, FLICKR™, EVERNOTE®, DROPBOX
^ Based on competing in-class inkjet models with an estimated street price under $200. Competitive data gathered from manufacturer websites and third party industry sources (as of July 2012).
*Estimated street prices may vary.
**PPM speed is based in printing in FAST mode and excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. ISO print speed based on ISO/IEC 24734. For more information, see www.brother.ca
+ Additional purchase required.
^ 11″x17″ printing available via paper feed slot
0 Borderless not available on duplex. Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing up to 8.5″x11″
? Requires connection to a wireless network. See www.brother.ca for details, availability, and mobile device compatibility. The Brother™ iPrint&Scan free app download is not available in all countries.
1 Up to letter/A4 only.
2 Requires an internet connection and account with desired service