EPX Games  has announced that Night Whisper Lane is free on Wednesday December 19th 2012 on iTunes  and Amazon’s App Store . Night Whisper Lane is a new survival horror game that many gamers refer to as “Resident Evil Meets Final Fantasy.” See how long you can survive before one of the many deadly traps get you as you escape the horrors of Night Whisper Lane and live to see another day. There is also a free demo version  of the game on iTunes, available now.
Night Whisper Lane is the first authentic Survival Horror gaming experience specifically designed for iOS that merges classic “Point and Click” gameplay with a “Turn-Based Battle System” to help you fend off whatever evil awaits you in this seemingly endless labyrinth. You find yourself in presence of an old ominous house without the faintest idea of how you got there, yet you feel drawn to it and are compelled to enter. Immediately you look down to your arm and see….Goosebumps. As you reach to find the door you entered blocked, the shivers spread to every toe and finger tip. You will need to trust your instincts, wit and memory to uncover the mystery behind the house and its connection to a mystifying femme fatal. Will you survive long enough to escape from the terror on Night Whisper Lane?
There are many hidden traps and deadly encounters on your journey that can and will kill your character! Be mindful of what you interact with as you look for items to solve puzzles and unlock doors & passages. Weapons & ammunition are scarce so keep an eye out for them and manage them wisely because fighting empty handed is certain death. Make sure to restore your character’s health by using Bandages and First-Aid kits especially if you have a sneaky suspicion a trap or encounter is lurking around. This concludes the Survival Guide.
- Original Survival Horror Gaming Experience specifically made for iOS
- Multiple Game Endings
- “Point and Click” gameplay featuring an engaging “Turn-Based Battle System”
- Authentic Survival Horror Story, even down to the camp
- Startling 3D rendered rooms and areas with a hint of surreal
- Gruesome booby-traps are hidden, some more deadly than others
- Challenging Enemy/Boss Battles
- Variety of items, weapons, health packs and other secrets to uncover
- Eerie soundtrack
- Auto Game save feature works in the background
- Animated Boss Battles (Added in Version 1.0.1)
- Help / How To Play section in Main Menu (Added in Version 1.02)
- Restore Save File from death from Booby-Trap (Added in Version 1.0.2)
- In Game Map (Added in Version 1.0.2)
- iPad Retina Full support (Added in Version 1.0.4)
To prolong your terror, scenarios 2, 3 and 4 are coming soon.
Night Whisper Lane has been rated 12+ on iTunes for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content or Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
This game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices running iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Amazon has rated this game as Guidance Suggested – the content of this application is appropriate for most users. This application may contain infrequent examples of content included below and may also contain nudity within medical/informational or artistic contexts. This game may contain:
- Account creation or other personal information collection
- Infrequent cultural or religious intolerance
- Infrequent or mild realistic, cartoon, or fantasy violence
- Infrequent or mild references to alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Infrequent or mild sexual and suggestive themes
- Infrequent use of mild profanity and crude humor
- Location detection or location based services
- Partial or brief nudity in a non-sexual context
- User generated content or user to user communication
Other information from Amazon for Android users:
- Read only access to phone state.
- Open network sockets.
- Access information about networks.
Minimum Operating System: Android 2.2