Previously known as the Non-Fiction track at the Banff World Media Festival , 2013’s Factual Entertainment  program, presented by IMPACT, will investigate, interrogate and open up a dialogue exploring strategies for bringing factual content to the next level. This track features exclusive Master Classes and engaging panel discussions – you do not want to miss out on the opportunity to hear from the best in the business. Get your tickets  now for this year’s Festival. If you’re already registered, Banff .Connect  is now online so that you can choose your sessions and book meetings.
From Pawn Stars To Proliferation : Master Class with Pawn Stars Creator & Executive Producer Brent Montgomery – Hear from Founder & Owner of non-fiction powerhouse Leftfield Pictures, as he discusses what went into creating and producing History’s hit show Pawn Stars, its legacy, and the future of Leftfield.
How To Be Creative & Big : Master Class with the Creator of Undercover Boss & Wife Swap Stephen Lambert – A feature interview with All3Media America Chairman and Creator of hit reality programs Undercover Boss, Wife Swap and Secret Millionaire as he explores the challenge faced by independent production companies as they combine creativity with scale.
Non Fiction Formats  – The realm of factual entertainment lends itself to replication more than any other genre. Join this brilliant group of factual producers, distributors and network executives as they address what goes into creating and distributing a successful format that stands out from its global counterparts.
- Gil Goldschein, President, Bunim-Murray
- John Brunton, Chairman & CEO, Insight Production Company Ltd.
- Paul Gilbert, SVP International Formats, CBS Paramount International Television
- John Pollak, President, Electus International
Fact Or Fiction: Constructing Factual Entertainment  – Ever wondered just how much of your favourite factual program is actually “real”? Well then look no further! Join us as seasoned factual veterans enter into what is sure to be a heated discussion on what constitutes reality, how to keep viewers hooked, and where to draw the line between staying true to real life stories and crafting situations for entertainment value.
- Vibika Bianchi, VP Original Programming, Corus Entertainment
- James Burstall, CEO, Argonon
- Sarah Jane Flynn, Senior Director of Original Factual Content, Shaw Media
- Julie Bristow, Executive Director, Studio & Unscripted Content, CBC
- Elizabeth Radshaw, Industry Program Director, Hot Docs