The Canada Media Fund  (CMF) would like to congratulates all winners of the Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence , which were presented last night at a gala held at CBC’s Glenn-Gould Studio in Toronto. The Awards of Excellence recognize the creative talents of those working in children’s & youth television and digital content across Canada – the same talent that has contributed to making Canada a world-leader in children’s & youth content creation. The CMF, which supports the creation of Canadian content for all audiovisual platforms, was one of the prestige partners for the fourth consecutive year.
Out of the 13 awards presented, eight CMF-funded projects received a total of ten awards for their original and innovative qualities:
- Grand Prize for Best Production: Degrassi – Epitome Pictures Inc.
- Best Television Program, All Genres, Ages 6-8: Giver – Sinking Ship Entertainment
- Best Television Program, All Genres, Ages 9-12: Cross Country Fun Hunt – Apartment 11 Productions
- Best Television Program, All Genres, Teen: IN REAL LIFE – Apartment 11 Productions
- Best Television Program, Animation, Ages 3-5: Stella and Sam – Radical Sheep Productions Inc.
- Best Television Program, Animation, Ages 6-8: Jack – Groupe PVP Inc. & Sparky Animation
- Best Television Program, Animation, Ages 9-14: Jimmy Two-Shoes – Breakthrough Entertainment
- Best Original Digital Content: I Learn With Boing – Tribal Nova
- Best Convergent App: The Degrassi Mobile Game – Epitome Pictures Inc.
- Best Convergent Website: Cross Country Fun Hunt Interactive – Apartment 11 Productions
Other Youth Media Alliance Awards of Excellence Winners:
Best Television Program, All Genres, Ages 3–5: Wowie Woah Woah! – Kids’ CBC
Best Television Program, Interstitial, All Ages Category: Gisele’s Big Backyard – TVO
YMA Parents’ Award: TVOKids – Mark’s Moments (Braun Brothers) – TVO
Outstanding Achievement Award: Chris and Martin Kratt
Emerging Talent Award: Kristen McGregor