The essence of weekend living will soon be available 24/7 on television with the launch of the new Cottage Life  channel. Building on the over 25 year history of this iconic brand, viewers can tune-in starting Wednesday September 4th to watch new, exclusive shows on favourite themes like DIY, food, real estate and outdoor living to bring the lifestyle home.
Cottage Life, the new TV channel – it’s not just a place, it’s a frame of mind. Call it a cottage, a cabin, or even your own backyard; Cottage Life celebrates all that is weekend living. Born from the iconic Cottage Life Magazine, the channel is an extension of the popular brand that also encompasses consumer shows and online properties.
Specialty channel bold will be rebranded as Cottage Life and will be available in 9.2 million homes for a national free preview. The new channel joins Blue Ant Media ‘s stable of targeted lifestyle, music, documentary and comedy specialty networks.
“We’re thrilled to be taking this historic brand to the next level. TV audiences will love the blend of lifestyle content that truly embraces our tagline – where every day is the weekend’ said Vanessa Case, EVP of Programming, Blue Ant Media. “The programming for this channel has proven appeal and is a perfect addition to Blue Ant’s quickly growing roster of targeted media properties.”
This fall, Cottage Life introduces compelling content and entertaining personalities through a multitude of new and exclusive series that will make Cottage season last all year long. Programming highlights include:
- My Retreat premieres Thursday, September 5 at 9:30pm ET/PT This series travels coast to coast to reveal iconic, quirky, and ultimate dream escapes. From cozy cottages and chalets, to charming cabins and farmhouses, we reveal the truly unique and beautiful spaces people call their second home.
- The Fabulous Beekman Boys premieres Tuesday, September 10 at 10PM ET/PT Follow the entertaining adventures of former Amazing Race competitors Josh Kilmer-Purcell and his partner Brent Ridge as they leave New York City, learn how to become farmers and launch their lifestyle brand, Beekman 1802.
- Compete To Eat premieres Thursday, September 5 at 10pm ET/PT Chefs Aldo Lazillotta and Joanne Lusted square off with teams of Cottagers who have one hour to prepare a three-course cottage feast using whatever ingredients they can find in their pantries. Friends and family play the role of discerning taste testers: sampling the courses and announcing a winner at the end of each episode.
- Selling Big features big personalities and big equipment and premieres Wednesday, September 4 at 10pm ET/PT. Join Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in Canada and witness an auction unlike any you’ve ever seen. Each week millions of dollars worth of massive industrial equipment will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, and every sale is vital in their attempt to surpass last year’s billion-dollar target.
- Farm Kings premieres Tuesday, September 10 at 9pm ET/PT Join the King Family of Freedom Farms as they battle the elements – and each other – to cultivate the very freshest produce possible. From overnight bakery shifts and early-morning picking, the Kings will lay it all on the line each week to bring their customers fresh, local food – done right.
- Epic premieres Wednesday, September 4 at 9pm ET/PT, EPIC features extravagant amenities and the people that make them. Find out how these daydreamers took their passion to another level with expert craftsmanship, technology, and innovation. From a forward-thinking motorhome to floating homes that boast theaters, helicopter and wine cellars, EPIC spotlights the most imaginative creations found right next door.
- Buying Alaska premieres Thursday, September 5 at 9pm ET/PT Buying Alaska proves that forgoing basic amenities is a reasonable trade-off when it comes to breathtaking surroundings that are hard to find elsewhere. Offering much more than living quarters, these properties illustrate that it’s often what’s beyond the house that proves to be the main attraction.
To subscribe to Cottage Life, please contact your local cable provider. Check your local listings for channel numbers regionally.