The 4th annual Merging Media Conference  is placing special emphasis on global perspectives through the introduction of a unique pilot initiative called “Projects Seeking Partners.” The program invites producers from other parts of the world to come and pitch their cross-media projects to potential Canadian co-producers. By the way, you can win a pass to the conference  in our contest, which runs until noon on October 30th.
“We’re breaking down silos between media disciplines and actively building bridges between Canada, Europe and the rest of the world,” explains Christine Lim-Labossiere, CEO/Founder of Merging Media Productions Inc. and Founder/Executive Director of the Merging Media Conference. “As part of our new Projects Seeking Partners initiative, producers from France and the Nordic Region will be attending to present their projects, meet potential Canadian co-production partners and network with local companies.”
Strategic partnerships have been formed with Power to the Pixel (UK), BoostHbg (Sweden) and the Consulate General of France (Canada). The project is supported by Western Economic Diversification Canada (WED).
Merging Media 2013: Global Edition is presented in partnership with the B.C. Producers’ branch of the Canadian Media Production Association. “The global focus of Merging Media this year provides opportunities to build new international business relationships and showcase our creative content to an expanded audience,” says Liz Shorten, Managing Vice-President of Operations and Member Services for CMPA-BC.
Equally exciting – a world-renowned panel of industry superstars will share their knowledge at Merging Media 2013. Topping the roster is Kathy Franklin of James Cameron and Jon Landau’s Lightstorm Entertainment She oversees the global brand strategy for the Avatar franchise and its two sequels in development, across all categories and platforms.
This year’s conference lineup features a dazzling assembly of global transmedia experts with worldwide reputations in Cross-Media. With more than 50 scheduled speakers, highlights include:
- Kathy Franklin (USA) – President, Franchise Development, Lightstorm Entertainment
- Lara Hoefs (USA) – Founder and CEO, StoryDisruptive; Brand Manager and Transmedia Producer for The Twilight Saga
- Gary Hayes (Australia) – Transmedia Guru, Founder, Storylabs.us
- Michel Reilhac (France) – Transmedia Consultant, Media Business School
- Liz Rosenthal (UK) – CEO and Founder, Power to the Pixel
- Caitlin Burns (USA) – Transmedia Producer and Lead Editor, Starlight Runner Entertainment
- Alison Norrington, UK – CEO and Founder, storycentralDIGITAL
- Brian Seth Hurst (USA) – CEO, The Opportunity Management Co.
- Christopher Sandberg (Sweden) – Founder and Chief Creative Officer, The company P
- Sara Moscovitz (USA) – Senior Vice President, Strategic Marketing, Syfy
Merging Media is proud to be a leader in gender equity in the Cross-Media community. The 2013 speaker roster is more than 50 per cent female, compared to an average of 20 per cent at similar conferences around the globe.
Merging Media delegates include digital media professionals, film and TV producers, funders, broadcasters, advertisers, marketing executives, transmedia content creators, game designers, interactive developers, publishers, writers and academics who are looking for information, discussion and opportunities within the convergent trends of today’s modern media marketplace.
The Merging Media 2013: Global Edition conference runs November 6-7 at the Granville Island Stage and Revue Stage, with a pre-conference Masterclass led by Liz Rosenthal, CEO/Founder of Power to the Pixel, November 5 at the Granville Island Hotel. Online Registration  is available on the Conference’s web site.