Professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions MAXON Computer is excited to announce it will demonstrate its digital content creation technology at SIGGRAPH 2014 – the annual convention for computer graphics and interactive technology professionals, taking place August 12–14, at the Vancouver Convention Center. The MAXON exhibit booth #1422 at SIGGRAPH 2014 is located in the West Building, Exhibit Hall B&C.
During Siggraph, MAXON will provide attendees with the opportunity to see the latest Cinema 4D technology and the creative role the 3D software plays in broadcast motion graphics, feature film visual effects, video games, and multimedia projects. MAXON will also provide technology overviews of the company’s recent collaborations with Adobe (a light version of Cinema 4D is now available in Adobe After Effects CC), Side Effects Software, Vizrt, Thinkbox Software, and others, which bring MAXON customers new levels of integration and improve workflow productivity with access to other leading digital content creation toolsets.
A range of Cinema 4D motion designers, filmmakers, and programmers — ‘rock stars of digital innovation’ — from leading studios including Imaginary Forces, Zoic and Aixsponza will present in the MAXON exhibitor booth (#1422) and showcase high profile projects created with Cinema 4D software and reveal tips, techniques and workflow successes.
Guest artists scheduled to present at time of writing include:
- Nick Campbell is the highly acclaimed 3D animator, photographer and motion graphics designer and force behind the super popular Greyscalegorilla site, an active community and resource providing Cinema 4D motion graphics tools and training. At Siggraph, Campbell will show attendees how to make multi-layered, photoreal textures in Cinema 4D.
- Casey Hupke is an LA-based Art Director for the Commercial and Games Department at Zoic. At Siggraph, Hupke will bring his enthusiastic presentation style to show less common techniques in the Cinema 4D MoGraph toolset and also show how to add animations and style with X-particles, the blazingly fast, full-featured particle and fluid effects plugin for Cinema 4D users.
- Tim Clapham, Director at Luxx in Sydney, Australia, will explore various projects created in Cinema 4D for clients such as HBO and Ubisoft, to demonstrate production proven techniques that facilitate creative workflow uninhibited by technical limitations
- Josh Johnson is a freelance VFX Supervisor/Artist and founder of VFX Daily, a resource for VFX with an emphasis on Cinema 4D. Johnson has worked on a variety of projects including award winning feature films, commercials, music videos and the short film late for meeting and will share techniques with Siggraph attendees for creating VFX with Cinema 4D.
- M dot Strange is an award-winning indie 3D animated feature film filmmaker and head of Mysterious Dolls Studios. He will demonstrate the techniques he used in Cinema 4D to streamline the 3D filmmaking process in his latest solo animated feature film project, I am Nightmare, including storyboarding, character animation, set building, lighting, rendering, and more.
** Additional guest artists will be announced in closer to show online.
MAXON will host a live stream from its SIGGRAPH booth on C4DLive for live broadcasts and expanded information on guest presenters, presentation schedules, news from the show floor, and more. During live guest artist presentations, online attendees can send questions to artists in real-time.
Exhibit Hall Hours
Tuesday, August 12 – 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, August 13 – 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, August 14 – 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.