Sony Pictures Imageworks will be an active participant at SIGGRAPH 2014, the 41st International Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, which is being held August 10th – 14th, in Vancouver. SIGGRAPH 2014 highlights from our Academy Award®-winning visual effects company, which recently centralized its production headquarters in Vancouver, will include the following:
- Senior Visual Effects Supervisor Jerome Chen, Animation Director David Schaub and Digital Effects Supervisor David Smith will conduct a production session titled Unmask the Secrets Behind “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” on Wednesday, August 13th, from 10:45am – 12:15pm, in West Ballroom AB.
- Principal Algorithmic Engineer Daniel Sheerin will host a talk titled Creature Feature: Procedural Tentacle Bundles in “Edge of Tomorrow,”on Tuesday, August 12th, from 9:00am – 10:30am, in West Building, Rooms 211-214.
- FX Animation Supervisor Steve Avoujageli will give a booth presentation titled SideFX: Creating the FX for “Edge of Tomorrow,” on Tuesday, August 12th, from 3:00pm – 3:30 pm, Wednesday, August 13th, from 1:30pm – 2:00pm and Thursday, August 14th, from 2:00pm – 2:30pm, in West Building, Exhibit Hall, Booth #901.
- Pipeline Supervisor John Hood will give a talk titled Got Crowds? CrAM: Artist-Friendly Crowds on “Edge of Tomorrow,” on Sunday, August 10th, from 2:00pm – 3:30pm, in East Building, Hall A.
- During the SIGGRAPH Job Fair, at the Sony Pictures Imageworks booth (West Building, Exhibit Hall B, Booths 19 and 20), recruiters will be activity recruiting for all disciplines, including: animators, lighting TD’s and a number of software development potions – Tuesday, August 12th, 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Wednesday, August 13th 9:30 am- 3:30 p.m. and Thursday, August 14th from 9:30am – 3:30pm.
- Imageworks will also participate in the Vancouver Studio Crawl social event on Wednesday, August 13th, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm at its current Vancouver location where artists will be able to meet with some of our top talent and executives.