The largest competition in entertainment programming is back and we’re excited to see what great content will come our way for this year’s edition of the prestigious Rockie Awards , to be given out at the 2015 Banff World Media Festiva . No other program competition in the world celebrates quality television and digital content in such a vast scope as BANFF does. With 26 categories across drama, non-fiction, entertainment, digital, and kids & youth, the program attracts over a thousand entries from more than 40 countries annually.
Nominees and winners are considered to be a first-rate roster of high-calibre content, chosen by a jury of over 250 peers and professionals working in entertainment and media across the globe.
Last year’s winners include prolific properties such as:
- Doctor Who (BBC, Best Science Fiction)
- The Big Bang Theory (Warner Brothers/CBS, Best Sitcom)
- Good Doctor (KBS, Best Serial Drama)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live (ABC, Best Variety Program)
- Bron (Sveriges Television/ZDF, Best Procedural Drama)
- LEGO: Legends of Chima (M2Film, Best Branded Content)
Other winners include documentaries and factual programming that have gained critical acclaim such as:
- Beyond Scared Straight (A&E, Best Reality)
- A Rolling Stone (PTS Taiwan, Best Humanitarian and Investigation)
- Secrets of the Irish Landscape (RTE, Best Science and Technology)
- Sand Wars (ARTE France, Best Environmental)
The 2014 Jury Grand Prize winner was the documentary series Colors, 4 Desires produced by KBS from South Korea.
The early bird submission deadline is December 19, 2014 – the final deadline is March 20, 2015.