The Banff World Media Festival  has announced that Dana Brunetti, President of Trigger Street Productions, will sit down for a Feature Interview at BANFF 2015. Attendees will hear directly from the Producer of some of today’s biggest and best known award-winning content including the acclaimed Netflix Original Series House of Cards, and the feature films 50 Shades of Grey, Captain Philips and The Social Network. This Feature Interview is a great opportunity to hear Brunetti discuss how audiences have evolved in the way they look to consume content and what the future holds for distribution.Other must-see Banff 2015 highlights include:
- Engaging keynotes from world leaders in the industry including Jean-Pierre Blais (Chairman, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission) and Nancy Dubuc (President & CEO of A+E Networks).
- Hear from the creators of the biggest shows on television including Transparent (Jill Soloway), Archer (Adam Reed) and Bates Motel (Carlton Cuse).
- On June 8th, The Rockie Awards Program Competition will celebrate the “best of the best” content from around the world across 26 categories.
The nextMEDIA Digital Program at BANFF will provide insight into the rapidly evolving digital media ecosystem, exploring critical themes related to how digital content is created, distributed, consumed and monetized, and looking forward to future trends.
- Social Storytelling (Sponsored by REDspace): The evolution of the social media network has allowed the storyteller, content creator and broadcaster many tools to market, engage and entertain audiences. Learn this from the leaders in this important discussion.
- Digital Keynote Series: Join us for an explorative series of Keynotes that will highlight the evolving storytelling landscape across linear to digital and back again. Experience these media executives and learn how their companies have taken advantage of what digital can provide and how you can partner with them to create your original content.
- The OTT Ecosystem: OTT services are seeing a rapid uptake by consumers With so many choices and devices for consuming content. Come hear industry experts discuss this new and important OTT ecosystem and how it is being monetized.
- Master Classes: BANFF is the home of dramatic storytelling and nowhere is this highlighted better than our exclusive Master Class Series. BANFF’s Master Classes are an unparalleled and exclusive opportunity for registered delegates to learn directly from the industry’s top showrunners and content creators.
- Compact Content: Limited Series, Anthology, and Miniseries: This discussion will break down these models and how their structure impacts storytelling, economics, branding, and programming for networks.
- Spotlight on International Co-Productions: Increasingly in the TV space, development executives are faced with multiple challenges: how to find compelling content in an increasingly competitive, fragmented, and on-demand world, and how to meet escalating budgets for high-end scripted content. This session will take a look at all these problems.
BANFF is proud to feature international leaders in Kids & Animation! Examining the thriving and evolving kids, animation and family entertainment media landscape, this year’s BANFF program will explore cutting edge topics including: innovations in technology being implemented into Kids content, evolving business models, and brand integration.
- How Disney Does International Co-Productions and Co-Financing in Kids Entertainment: We’re bringing together a group of international Disney executives to share their expert insight into building fruitful international partnerships.
- The Kids Keynote Series: Featuring perspectives from Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom, this Series will highlight global trends in kids’ entertainment.
- The Next Step: A Branded Case Study: This deep dive discussion will explore the relationship between story and brand, and provide an outline for how to successfully build your content into a fully immersive brand.