Currently on Steam Greenlight is a Canadian-developed game named Bad Taste. The developers state that Bad Taste is a smart, violent, scathing satire of the fast food industry in the form of a tasty videogame. Featuring Spencer “Spenny” Rice, star of the Canadian T.V. Show Kenny V.S. Spenny. An homage to trash cinema, the story focuses on police officer Chet as he tries to escape the city of Victoria BC before it’s nuked to eradicate a zombie epidemic caused by genetically modified fast food.
Bad Taste has cameos by Kenneth Hotz (Kenny Vs Spenny), and Lloyd Kaufman (Toxic Avenger, Poultrygeist), and features a full soundtrack by Lodger (Californication OST). The animation is done by the newgrounds “Tank award” nominee Jeremy Zaczek, and the game was produced by Celx Requin. The programmer for the project is Mike Heavenor, who previously worked at EA.
- 20 levels of insane zombie action.
- 5 different intense bosses to fight against.
- 40+ monsters to battle.
- Several different weapons, and items to unlock.
- Fully animated cinematics.
- Beautifully grotesque 2D backgrounds, inspired by real locations in Victoria BC.
- Voice acting by Spenny, Kenny, and additional special guests.
- Soundtrack by the Finnish Band “Lodger”